Attorney General: Speech Language Pathologist Arrested for Medicaid Fraud

Geny Noble Lima, a Palm Beach speech language pathologist, was arrested for allegedly attempting to
defraud the Medicaid program out of more than $459,000, the office of Attorney General Pam Bondi announced.

Lima, 61, was charged with grand theft and Medicaid fraud, both first-degree felonies.

Investigators with the attorney general’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit claim Lima, owner of Lima Therapy Group of Palm Beach Inc., allowed speech language assistants to provide unsupervised speech therapy to Medicaid recipients, many of whom were children. Lima would then bill the Medicaid program for the services, which is a violation of program rules.

Over a five-year period, Lima billed more than $459,000 and was paid more than $214,000 by the Agency for Health Care Administration.

Lima faces up to $1.5 million in fines and 60 years in prison.

SHIRLEY FRIEDENBERG
7:18AM JUL 4TH 2012
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE IN THE SYSTEM DOES NOT DETECT THIS FRAUD BEFORE IT GETS TO THIS EXTREME. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY MEDICAL FRAUD HAPPENING.
Kay Addison
7:59PM JUL 3RD 2012
Pam, I'm so proud of you and all that you.ve done. I send your weekly emails to 115 people. I really look forward to working on Human Trafficing next year with you office and Cameron Ross.
Happy 4h.
Kay
Kay Addison
7:59PM JUL 3RD 2012
Happy 4h.
Kay
Kay Addison
7:59PM JUL 3RD 2012
Happy 4h.
Kay
DJ Kerns
6:01PM JUL 3RD 2012
Hi Pam I just want to thank you for all your hardwork and complete dedication to our state, trying to save us fom Ombamacare..It's so refreshing to see an AG so interested and involved and the news letters make you seem so real and are very much appreciated..
Thanks Again DJ Kerns Sarasota
DJ Kerns
6:01PM JUL 3RD 2012
Thanks Again DJ Kerns Sarasota
Bob & Pat Sasso
4:38PM JUL 3RD 2012
We are so very proud of the stromg stand you both are taking with what he refers to as Obamacare. It 's more
like Obama doesn't care to many here. I work very hard every day making calls and supporting our Party and PRAY that Ro,ney is our President. We have not had one since Bush. Thanks for all you do for the people and state of Florida. God Bless America. Pat Sasso