Ben Carson Presidential Draft Effort Builds Steam

Supporters of drafting Dr. Ben Carson to run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 are claiming momentum. John Phillip Sousa IV, great-grandson and namesake of the celebrated composer of patriotic marches, is leading the national "Draft Ben Carson for President" committee and sent an email out to conservatives this weekend to make the case for his candidate, noting that “more than 200,000 Americans ... have signed the petition urging Dr. Ben Carson to run for president of the United States.”

Sousa praised Carson for attacking President Barack Obama’s federal health-care law at the National Prayer Breakfast back in March.

“At that moment, Dr. Carson captured the imagination of the American people,” Sousa insisted. “He became an instant front-runner for the Republican nomination for president in 2016.

“Ben Carson will win,” Sousa added. “As president he will heal America and unite us as one people working together to achieve the American dream. Ben Carson is a tea party conservative. He has supported the tea party since it began and he has practical, common-sense solutions to the problems that plague our land.”

Sousa argued that Carson, as an African-American, can win over black voters and keep conservatives in the Republican column, and can beat the Democratic nominee in 2016.

Dolores
4:39PM MAR 3RD 2014
Dr. Carlson we need a man of character and integrity to take America back to a safe place and turn this country around. A man who will not cower in the wake of the attacks that will come from the opponents.
Please run, stand tall and strong and we will stand with you!
Deborah L. Eklof
2:34AM DEC 8TH 2013
Dr. Carson, we admire and respect you. You have the right ideas that
will help our country turn around. Please run for president, we need
you!!
Susan DiMattia
11:25PM DEC 4TH 2013
Please run, we need you. You are brilliant.
Sheila Brooks
9:17PM DEC 3RD 2013
I pray that Dr. Carson runs for and wins the next presidential race! I have been following him since my children were young. [They are now 31, 29, 27 and 2 are US Marines and I am DAV-LCDR Navy.] I read them his first book and let them read his second book. I am a Physician Assistant and he had a female PA working with him. I believe Dr. Carson has all the characteristics needed for a great leader - integrity, loyalty to the constitution as founders meant it to be, takes responsibility and is accountable for his actions, is compassionate, concerned, and in every way a real leader! Please run and win, Dr. Carson!
Tom OConnnor
4:58PM DEC 3RD 2013
Dr. Ben Carson is the man who can lead and help save this nation.
Tom OConnnor
Ruth Stafford
12:40PM DEC 3RD 2013
My name is Ruth Stafford author of "We Were Born To Shine...Because We Believe," and I would encourage Dr. Carson to Run. I would hope he is coming to Florida, to see the work of a man who loves America. Our Governor has done an outstanding Job, but the forces of evil would love to destroy all that has been accomplished for America's Seniors and Families in Florida, just to kill babies, smoke Marijuana especially if you have a special needs child and have free birth control pills. Certainly he would be the greatest adviser to the country before our Health system is destroyed for the hardest hit will be our seniors, while the palms of the circle of friends in DC are made richer at the expense of a nation.
mary linder
8:19AM DEC 3RD 2013
RUN BEN RUN WE NEED STRONG LEADERSHIP FOR AMERICA
Smith Wendell
4:17AM DEC 3RD 2013
Dr Ben Carson, a man of faith, wisdom, and
courage who sat history in the entire world.

In these times, US needs a man like Ben Carson
to be in the white...

Ben Carson for President!!!

Go Ben Carson...
Smith Wendell
4:04AM DEC 3RD 2013
Dr Carson deserves to be President of US. He had
sat a legacy in US and world history by being the best brain doctor.

He is a man of integrity!!!

Now it's republicans...

Dr Ben Carson for President....
Karan Smith
3:13AM DEC 3RD 2013
This man has faith, loyalty, wisdom and seems to care about others regardless of color which is the way it should be!
Samir lakhal
1:11AM DEC 3RD 2013
Dr Carson is a man of faith and wisdom , and his whole story is an inspiration to many. We owe it to the history books to put a great man in the White House.
Jane Smith
12:13AM DEC 3RD 2013
I am so pleased to see this introduction of Ben Carson. And to see the snowball effect happening since he came onto the scene. I look forward to working anyway I can to help bring back our nation to the stature it once held when our presidential office was held by one who loved his country
jim
12:07AM DEC 3RD 2013
The great country we all grew up in is under attack on all fronts.
And we are in real danger of losing it all together.
If ever we have needed a George Washington it is now.
I am prying that Doctor Ben Carson will listen to voices of people
and step up.I sincerely believe he is the only person that can turn things around for this country.
jim
12:07AM DEC 3RD 2013
The great country we all grew up in is under attack on all fronts.
And we are in real danger of losing it all together.
If ever we have needed a George Washington it is now.
I am prying that Doctor Ben Carson will listen to voices of people
Deborah
11:59PM DEC 2ND 2013
I so appreciate his leadership, a quality that has been so very lacking under Pres. Obama.
Deborah
11:59PM DEC 2ND 2013
Maria
10:55PM DEC 2ND 2013
Pls run!
D. Pedro
10:13PM DEC 2ND 2013
Dr. Carson- please listen to the cries of the American people! We need you to lead and help heal our nation, to bring us back to prominence, and to build the foundation for our future generations. Thanks and God bless!
-D. Pedro
olga
9:59PM DEC 2ND 2013
DR. Carson, Is the Person, America needs to heal this land and bring the People together. Seems like he has the right solutions, for America to become beautiful again. God Bless and guide him.
Janice
9:57PM DEC 2ND 2013
Dr. Carson, America needs you. I believe you can save our country. Please consider running.
Linda Irwin
9:57PM DEC 2ND 2013
I pray that Dr. Carson will run & win the Presidency in 2016. I traveled to Chicago recently & had the honor of meeting Dr. Carson & heard him speak. He is just the perfect person to turn this train wreck around. RUN BEN RUN, PLEASE!! I love this brilliant man!
Fred Lentz
9:46PM DEC 2ND 2013
I love his devotion to God and country. We need a Godly man to lead this great nation.
Joyce Peterson
9:45PM DEC 2ND 2013
I pray that Dr. Carsonwill be our next president. This wonderful man is a true, patriot, very intelligent and wise, and also is a Christian who loves America.............Wish we had thousands of Ben Carsons in America..............We need a leader, not a dictator. I love and highly respect this wonderful American.
Joyce Peterson
9:45PM DEC 2ND 2013
Martha D Hadaway
9:44PM DEC 2ND 2013
Ben Carson is a man of God and will save America. I have met him several times.Even back than I knew he was chosen by God.
kate
9:38PM DEC 2ND 2013
Ben Carson, America needs a man like you to run our nation before it is too late!
kate
9:38PM DEC 2ND 2013
kate
9:38PM DEC 2ND 2013
Deborah Raney
9:37PM DEC 2ND 2013
Dr. Ben Carson would be a fabulous leader. He has common sense and that's what is missing from our current government leaders. Go Ben Carson, you will have my vote
Sue Jungman
9:36PM DEC 2ND 2013
I'm with you. Let me know what I can do?
Matteo NYC
9:14PM DEC 2ND 2013
Ben Carson is a Washington DC outsider, not another career politician "beltway boy" ~ and, he has an alternative to Obamacare that is not Socialism. Ben Carson for president in 2016.
martha humble
8:55PM DEC 2ND 2013
Ben Carson would make the best president America has ever known!!!!!!!!
Brenda Gates
8:28PM DEC 2ND 2013
Please check out the website for the campaign......RunBenRun!
Ron Robinson
6:53PM DEC 2ND 2013
You can sign the petition to draft Dr. Ben into the US Presidential race at runbenrun[dot]org/petition
lee
6:43PM DEC 2ND 2013
BEN , please run in 2016, we need to united this county
David Brown
5:33PM DEC 2ND 2013
Anyone wishing to support the effort to draft Dr. Carson for 2016 can visit RunBenRun[dot]org.
JB
12:14AM DEC 3RD 2013
Ben, just do EET !!! OUR country needs some common sense for a change !