Earlier Start Time for House Floor Sessions in 2013
House floor sessions will start at 8 a.m. during the 2013 session, up an hour from the previous session, according to a list of rule changes released Friday from the speaker’s office.
• Removal of the revolving bill slot incentive for repealer bills. Repealer bills remain an exemption to a member’s bill limit.
• Conforming of conference procedures to Florida House practice of requiring signatures on reports.
• Requirement that complaints contain the complainant’s name and legal address.
• Reflection of the statutory obligation regarding voting abstention and disclosure.
• Reflection of the speaker-designate’s final decision to have a single Education Appropriations subcommittee.