Wife of Sheriff Bob Crowder Pulls a Carole Crist, Moves to the Left for her Husband

Bob Crowder, the Martin County sheriff who lost to Allen West in the District 18 Republican congressional primary, is going to back the Democrat in the general election, Patrick Murphy.

Well, sort of.

It's actually his wife Debbie who stepped out in front of her husband and released the statement. "While he was unable to compete against West's millions in out-of-state tea party money ... Bob was committed to giving Republican voters a choice in the primary, rather than letting the party dictate who our representative would be," she said.

Debbie Crowder is right. The party money did go to West. As much as he wanted. He was the incumbent, a party loyalist. Why would the Republicans -- especially the Florida GOP -- reward "Republican" Crowder who in 2010 turned coat in the heat of a close battle and went on national television in full sheriff regalia to pledge his support for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Alex Sink? Certainly many Republican leaders were skeptical of Rick Scott, but unlike Crowder, they didn't throw their support across party lines in a splashy public display.

"While my husband's campaign is over, I feel compelled to stay involved and vocal. Regardless of who our next president is, members of Congress must be able and willing to work together. ... That is why I hope you will join me in supporting (Democrat) Patrick Murphy for U.S. Congress."

Sounds a lot like Carole Crist, who gave it a year after husband's defeat as a no-party-affiliated Senate candidate to step out in front of Charlie and officially join the Democratic Party.

Maybe both men -- behind their wives' skirts, smiling in the shadows as they are -- believe they keep their options open that way. If that's the case, they're dreaming.

Mark
12:32PM NOV 3RD 2012
I am a Martin County resident and just got a robocall from Mr. Crowder. How dare you darken my doorstep with this nonsense because you're a sore loser.

Mr. Crowder, you lost. If you want to work in the middle, so be it... but some of us out here are actually concerned about the direction that this country is moving in and are uninterested in empowering the liberal agenda by electing a rubber stamp candidate like Murphy in order to benefit Pelosi, Reid and Obama. Get it? Got it? Good.

I don't rightly give a hoot who you or your wife support. Anybody with any common sense whatsoever understands the low place from which the two of you are coming. This is Crist all over again. The lack of character involved in smearing your former opponent is galling. That you actually have the nerve to present it as noble is DISGRACEFUL. That your wife would then intimate that there are female journalists who could tell some sordid tales is disgusting. Of course what she alleges isn't backed up by any facts, but then those become irrelevant in the scope of smear.

You were no Holt.. and I for one am glad that the county and the district are done with you. It would have been nice if you'd have had the class to fade away gracefully, having been REJECTED by the voters of this community but accepting their judgment. This act of cowardice on your part shows just how utterly PATHETIC you really are. Have a great day.
susan braunstein
10:40AM OCT 17TH 2012
Nancy, i really don't understand your comments about Debbie Crowder. You are a strong woman who states her opinion publicly, so obviously you believe women can and should state their opinions. However, when Debbie Crowder stated her opinion you implied that her opinions were not really hers: they were a blind for her husband. So, is your implication that married women have no opinions of their own? Or perhaps you think married women should not state their opinions.
Debbie Crowder
8:14PM OCT 15TH 2012
Nancy, I think you have been in Tallahassee too long! Come home, we miss you! What options do you think (in your Tally imagination) Bob is keeping open? We are RETIRING & going camping!!! Get in touch with the women in your profession around here who have had to interview Allen West. You may be surprised by what they tell you. Again, you need to come home! If you talk to female journalists in this area, you may realize that I have my own reasons for supporting Patrick Murphy. The idea of Bob Crowder hiding behind my skirts? That is not just fiction, it is laughable--especially to me!
Robert Crowder
7:52PM OCT 15TH 2012
Nancy, why didn't you just call me and get the truth instead of just publishing this inaccurate drizzle. My gosh, we all know you are better than that. Bob Crowder
Kimberly Baehr
12:57PM NOV 2ND 2012
Robert, you're interested in TRUTH? Oh really! Conservative Strike Force PAC just released the following:

Allen West’s “Republican” primary opponent, Bob Crowder, just endorsed West’s liberal Democrat challenger.

This traitorous RINO just declared, "As a Republican for over 30 years, I'm embarrassed by the radical fringe that has taken over the party. Sadly, Allen West is their poster child, and the hateful, divisive comments he's made throughout this campaign make it clear to me he’s the wrong choice for our district.”

Clearly yours and your wife's "public statements on the record" resemble that of liberal Democrats, not true Republicans and not even close to true Conservatives! You're in the wrong party, folks!

Bob, you sound like a sore loser. I applaud the citizens of CD-14 for seeing right through you! HINT: Conservatives are sick to death of turncoat RINO's and we're not "buying what they're peddling" anymore!

Nancy's article hits the nail on the head. The truth hurts doesn't it?!
Kimberly Baehr
12:59PM NOV 2ND 2012
Correction: CD-18

Shame on you Mr. & Mrs. Crowder!