WWE Star, Pigs and Mud Wrestling Appear in GOP Congressional Hopeful's New Ad

Businessman and large-animal veterinarian Ted Yoho unveiled one of the more colorful commercials of the 2012 election cycle on Monday as he continues his bid to defeat U.S. Rep. Cliff Stearns in the Republican primary on Aug. 14. Yoho launched a commercial featuring pigs and men in suits -- one of them professional wrestler Dustin Runnels who is best known for his stint in the WWE as Goldust -- throwing mud at each other representing “career politicians” -- namely Stearns, state Sen. Steve Oelrich and Clay County Clerk of Court James Jett.

Sorry, you need to install flash to see this content.

"I've never wanted to be a politician and I still don't, but I recognized that if we want things to change in our nation, then we have to send a different type of leader to Washington," Yoho said on Monday. "The career politicians have either led us to where we are at or they failed to prevent it. Neither is acceptable and that's why I am running for Congress -- because I've had enough and I can do better."

"We wanted to create a commercial that was memorable but also addressed the issues,” said Kat Cammack, Yoho’s campaign manager. “This is a funny spot that hits on the debt, the career politicians and actually shows what people are sick and tired of -- mudslinging."

deborah Baker
10:44PM AUG 12TH 2012
Wow, this add has content that we have never seen before, it shows a real life scenario so Librals and the Democrats can see what they cause. Ted is a wonderful person and I am praying every day we knock Stearns out of office, Stearns is out of touch, lost his zest and all he says at every meeting is Call Sherry, I heard him say that after every question, well who is the congressman, Cliff or Sherry? I say Ted is on the right track and I say Ted is Stearn enough to push him over the cliff and say Bye Bye!
Chrissie
9:09PM JUL 27TH 2012
Yahoo for Yoho! Tell it like it is, Ted. You're the man for the job and we're working hard to help put you there.
You dont get it
3:58PM JUL 27TH 2012
It wasnt an endorsement dumbass. He was simply an actor in a commercial obviously you are not very intelligent. Instead of looking up backgrounds on all of the backgrounds of stand in actors in commercials how about you actually research the candidates.
P.s. ur an idiot
Ohreally
4:11PM JUL 28TH 2012
You sir are the idiot.... Dustin Runnels/Rhodes IS listed on Ted Yoho for Congress ENDORSEMENTS page... but then again since you are so informed yourself, you must have already known that. Yoho, IMO, is too good to stoop for "D list" celebrity endorsements like this, especially when said celebrity has such a colorful past... In politics you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
Ohreally
6:25PM JUL 26TH 2012
Why didn't Yoho's staff vet this guy Rhodes/Runnels before using him in his campaign ad?? With such a sordid past full of drug abuse, domestic battery, that he admitted to in his own book, why would he be an ideal endorsement for a supposed conservative candidate?? Yoho seems like a great guy, but I have to take pause before I vote for someone who either A) Doesn't care about who he surrounds himself with or B) Was too blinded by this guys small amount of star power not to willingly accept his endorsement and allow him to be so influential in his campaign without vetting him first.
James
1:13PM AUG 6TH 2012
You are the people who you associate with? I can live with that. I wouldn't want to be Cliff Stearns. Or anyone around him. I especially wouldn't want to be his mistress, Ms. Armstrong. Oops!
Lucas Brown
12:19AM JUL 26TH 2012
Wow, what an awesome commercial this is so cool. Dr Yoho was a great vet and I'm voting him.
Carolyn Hogue
8:57PM JUL 23RD 2012
Great ad . . . clever AND to the point!!!
Annette
3:34PM JUL 23RD 2012
We need Ted Yoho as our representative! Go Yoho!
Linda Smith
3:07PM JUL 23RD 2012
GO YOHO! This is a very creative and memorable commercial. I love it and so do my kids and friends. It hits the point about career politicians and mudslinging, without slinging mud, which is wonderful. We need this man in congress!
Linda Smith
3:07PM JUL 23RD 2012
Putnam Patriot
1:29PM JUL 23RD 2012
Love this!
Stacey
11:21AM JUL 23RD 2012
This is the best commercial that I have ever seen. It's so refreshing to see a candidate with a sense of humor and some sense! It's official - this is the guy to watch in 2012!!!! VOTE TED YOHO!!!!!!