The Florida Board of Governors will slim the list of 53 applicants to be members of the charter board of trustees at the new Florida Polytechnic University to five in two weeks.
“With many members of the Board of Governors assisting, I look forward to the comprehensive process we now undertake in order to select and bring our proposed nominees to the board at its very next meeting," Chair Mori Hosseini stated in a release. "These charter members have a unique responsibility to work with the Board of Governors in designing a new approach to higher education from a new perspective that emulates the ‘polytechnic’ model successful in other states and countries."
The deadline to apply for the board of trustees was Friday for the school that comes into being on July 1.
The Board of Governors names five to the board of trustees, with the governor appointing six, and the board also including one faculty member and one student.
The Board of Governors' next meeting is June 19-21 at the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
Those who applied:
1. Alford, Carol C.; Lakeland: internal auditor, Hillsborough Community College.
2. Allen, Eric Keith; Lakeland: Florida attorney, Law Offices of Eric Allen.
3. Armstrong, Jack David; Fort Lauderdale: president, Broward College.
4. Bach, Tim J.; Apopka: president/owner of Patterson/ Bach Communications Advertising Agency.
5. Bacon, Gregory Allen; Indianapolis, Ind.: application specialist, Auralex Acoustics.
6. Block, Trudy Alice; Polk City: city councillor, Polk City.
7. Brame, Roderic Ian; Land O' Lakes: program director/assistant professor, Florida Polytechnic University.
8. Brown, Joshua Keith; Auburndale: attorney w/Peterson/Myers.
9. Buetow, Curtis J.; Davenport: engineering manager w/Powerteam Generation.
10. Clark, Gary E.; Lakeland: independent consultant w/CPS Investment Advisors, financial services.
11. Clark, Ronald Lyle; Lakeland: attorney and chairman Clark, Campbell and Lancaster PA.
12. Cloud, Thomas Alexander; Orlando: attorney/partner w/Gray Robinson.
13. Clyne, Kyle Taylor; Lakeland: senior project manager, Canco General Contractors.
14. Dicks, John Larry; Plant City: attorney of counsel, Trinkle Redman.
15. Duncan, Ann Wilkins; Tarpon Springs: president/founder Vertical Integration Inc.
16. Emst, Robert Elliott; Auburndale: business analyst w/Pallet One Inc., manufacturing.
17. English, Robert F.; Lakeland: CEO of Valiant Products, manufacturing.
18. Evans, Jonathan Edward; Oldsmar: assistant to the city manager, city of Largo.
19. Evans, Mygnon Champion; Lakeland: attorney/owner Mygnon Evans Law Office.
20. Featherman, Sandra Green; Highland Beach: retired; past president of the University of New England.
21. Fleming, John Edward; Winter Haven: president, Phoenix Industries LLC.
22. Gambrell, Carroll Blake; Lakeland: retired the last five years; Ph.D. in engineering.
23. Gardner, Robert LeGrande; Lakeland: Ph.D. from Virginia Polytechnic Institute; current instructor at Florida Polytechnic University.
24. Grasse, James Martin; Lakeland: Delaware North Corp., concessions.
25. Griffith, Winston Nichols; Tallahassee: program specialist, Leon County Schools.
26. Hallion Jr., Richard Paul; Shalimar: research associate in aeronautics, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
27. Hatcher, Neysa Hope; Winter Haven: inspector in charge, United States Department of Agriculture.
28. Hemsath, Klaus H.; Palmetto: retired; CEO of Indugas Inc., engineering company.
29. Hendricks, Johe Wayne; Sarasota: managing partner, Strategic Technologies.
30. Kincart, Robert Owen; Lakeland: scientist/president of American Compliance Technology, Science & Engineering.
31. Kimberlin, Ralph Dace; Winter Haven: retired professor and consultant.
32. Lewis, Charles Alan; Carrabelle: consultant, SANA LC, medical technology.
33. Martin, Frank Thomas; Clermont: senior vice president, Atkins North America.
34. Oldt, Thomas Roe; Winter Haven: president/registered principal of Thomas Oldt Investment Services, investment advisory/asset management.
35. O’Toole, Neal Lawrence; Lakeland: attorney; partner, Lilly, O’Toole & Brown; managing member, Central Florida Mediation Group.
36. Pittman, Terry Eugene; Eagle Lake: CEO of Business Builders of America.
37. Raymond, Maurice A.; Lakeland: retired – Ph.D. in polymer chemistry from UF; last position: director of R&D w/Rhone-Poulenc, chemical, in 1995.
38. Rezendes II, Joseph; Safety Harbor: senior security analyst at Franklin Templeton Inc., financial services.
39. Rhodes, Deborah Lynn; Lakeland: adjunct instructor, Palomar College.
40. Riddle, Kenneth Leon; Lakeland: supervisor of chemical programs, Lakeland Electric.
41. Robinson, James David; Lakeland: president/CEO DSM Technology Consultants.
42. Roeser Jr., John Franklin; Davenport: retired; past group VP at Howard Johnson Co.; past VP American Can Co.; currently Park Event Operations at Walt Disney World.
43. Russo, Christopher David; Auburndale: attorney w/Moody Law PA.
44. Sanoba, Gregory A.; Lakeland: president/owner The Sanoba Law Firm.
45. Scaringe, Robert Peter; Rockledge: president/CEO of Mainstream Engineering Corp.; R&D/manufacturing.
46. Shaheen, Richard Labib; Jupiter: senior director engineering and technical services, Florida Power & Light.
47. Shannon, John Hugh; Lakeland: attorney, John Hugh Shannon PA.
48. Sommer, Douglas Dean; Lakeland: independent contractor, ITW, QMI, Wynn’s.
49. Strickland, Eugene Swaney; Lakeland: city manager, city of Lakeland.
50. Thompson, Jonathan Wade; Lakeland: physical therapist; currently director of operations at Bond Clinic, Winter Haven.
51. Ullman, Patricia Daphne; Tampa: CPA; principal, The Pearl Group Inc., consulting.
52. Vila Adis, Maria; Colorado: chief diversity officer, USAF Academy, Colo.
53. Wilson, Donald Herbert; Homeland: partner/attorney w/Boswell & Dunlap.