Politics

Florida Delegation Condemns Murder of Israeli Teens, Calls Out Hamas

By: Kevin Derby | Posted: July 2, 2014 3:55 AM
Ron DeSantis, Ted Deutch, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Ron DeSantis, Ted Deutch, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Members of the Florida congressional delegation from both parties condemned the murders of three kidnapped Israeli teenagers – Eyal Yifrach, Gilad Shaar and Naftali Frenkel – and called for the federal government to cut funding to Hamas-linked groups. 

The three teenagers were kidnapped on June 12. Their bodies were found by the Israeli military earlier this week.

From his perch on the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee, U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., called the murders an “outrage” and demanded the end of federal funding to the Hamas-backed Palestinian Authority.

"The murder of three Israeli teenagers by Hamas terrorists is an outrage,” DeSantis said on Monday. “While it should have been obvious from the start that any 'unity' government that includes Hamas would not be interested in peace with Israel, the Obama administration has continued to send money to the Palestinian Authority even though current law prohibits funds from going to a Hamas-influenced government. Congress must immediately move to cut off funds to the Fatah-Hamas unity government. American taxpayers cannot subsidize a government that is adverse to our interests and whose behavior is contrary to our values."

Two members of the Florida delegation who sit on the U.S. House Middle East and North Africa Subcommittee -- U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., and ranking Democrat U.S. Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla.-- were in the Middle East and were scheduled to meet with the families of the murdered teens on Tuesday. The congressman and congresswoman released a joint statement offering condolences and calling for an investigation to see if Hamas was behind the murders: 

“No words can adequately express the sorrow and sadness we feel for the families of Gilad, Naftali and Eyal, the people of Israel and the entire Jewish community worldwide," they said. "This is a day of tragedy and mourning; the world has lost three beloved sons, friends, and beautiful souls who were taken from us too early, but will forever live on in our hearts and minds. We will continue to support the government of Israel in its efforts to bring the perpetrators to justice, and we offer the people of Israel our deepest and most heartfelt condolences as we grieve with them. If it is determined that Hamas is behind this horrific tragedy, Abu Mazen must immediately break up the unity agreement between Fatah and Hamas, a U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization.”

U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., denounced the murders as well, saying she was “heartbroken” about them.

 “They were innocent, unarmed teenagers murdered in cold blood,” Wassserman Schultz said. “These boys had their whole lives ahead of them, and deserved so much better. As a mother, a Jew, and a public servant, my heart goes out to their families, friends, and the Israeli people.”

Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), did not turn to greater political matters but did urge action against whoever was behind the murders.
 
“The terrorist cowards who perpetrated such heinous crimes must be brought to justice swiftly," Wasserman Schultz said.

U.S. Rep. Joe Garcia, D-Fla., said that Hamas could be behind the attacks and, if so, there would be greater consequences.

“As the search for those responsible continues, it is my hope that the perpetrators are quickly found and brought to justice,” Garcia said. “The possibility that Hamas may have been involved continues to shed light on the serious concerns over their role in the new Palestinian government and how it impacts the prospects of lasting peace and security in the region.”



Reach Kevin Derby at kderby@sunshinestatenews.com. 



Comments (3)

child abusers records vanish
3:41PM JUL 2ND 2014
We the people of Florida will never win the war against child abuse as long as the system protects the abusers and not the children. This is literally just one case out of hundreds here In Florida where the abuser is protected by the system. Enough information is being provided so as any ethical person with average intelligence can verify the enclosed information for validity!
Taken directly from public records formerly available on-line:
On 1/20/2013 - MICHAEL JOHN MORROW was arrested by Leesburg, Lake County, Fl Police and booked in to the Lake County Jail - Booking #:13000734-Case #:-Inmate ID:60711 – DOB: February 1986. Place of birth: Omaha, Nb. [Franklin Scandal territory]

He was charged with: LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR - MOLEST VIC LESS 12YOA OFFENDER 18 YOA OR OLDER and, ADDED: SEMINOLE CO: PC-VOP: GRAND THEFT

On 2/23/2013 – The arrestee posted a $500. Bond and was released from jail.

On 2/25/2013 – The charges against this defendant was dropped by Fifth Circuit Chief Judge Don Briggs, without comment!

12/4/2013 – Lake County Florida Circuit Court Case# 2013 DR 002421 – Name Exempt vs. Morrow, Michael John [an injunction for protection against sexual violence is filed]

12/6/2013 – Case is heard by Circuit Judge Heidi Davis! Remarks entered into docket as reference #4: Order denying petition for injunction for protection against sexual violence; court notes: The parient’s (sic) may supplement the petition to include they are filing because they feel their daughter needs this protection, not because DCF told them to file. Court will be willing to review it again; copies to petitioner by mail.

Who is this protected species? Other Lake Judges have been flippant with this man on other criminal charges as well. On 2/6/2013- Judge Donna Miller -NOLLE PROSEQUI –drug charges
On this person!

But this is blatant disregard for the safety of a child under the age of 12 years old by Judge Heidi Davis’ remarks it is apparent after the Chief Circuit Judge dropped the charges against the 28 year old attacker the parents of this sexually abused child , went to DCF – who apparently advised the parents to seek this “injunction for protection against sexual violence” in circuit court. The results of which are not only appalling, but could possible lead to the death or continued abuse of this child. What if we hear the parents of this child have taken the law into their own hands? The system would never admit they have protected this sexual offender of a child under the age of 12 years! They will blame the parents for going berserk and taking the law into their own hands. Once this case was brought to the attention of certain persons all “official Records” of this arrest as well as his drug related arrest #12009378 on 10/10/2012 disappeared from the Lake Jail website. Likewise “Circuit Court Case# 2013 DR 002421” (containing the disparaging remarks of Judge Davis) disappeared from the website of the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Lake County Florida website as well. Maybe Leesburg Police still have a record of this arrest? Can't help but wonder how this arresting Leesburg Police officer feels about his attempt to get this child molester off the streets being thrown back in his face!
Carlos
10:17AM JUL 2ND 2014
Telling quote: "If it is determined that Hamas is behind this horrific tragedy, Abu Mazen must immediately break up the unity agreement between Fatah and Hamas, a U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization."

The powerful interests in the middle east don't want peace. Search for Genie Energy and their desire for mineral rights in Golan Heights (occupied territory that is internationally recognized as Syrian) and you get the sense that three teens being "kidnapped and killed" to stir up the hate would be "colateral damage" to these thugs.

If Hamas has not claimed responsibility - and we are still calling for "investigations" yet Israel forces have already killed 6 Palestinians and bombed Hebron, and deployed 2,500 groups, arresting hundreds of "suspected" members of Hamas.... apparently Israel doesn't need proof to pounce, they just need the fog of hysteria and mayhem.

When will we learn? #FalseFlags
Ralph
10:08AM JUL 2ND 2014
Tragic that three innocent teens were kidnapped and killed. Tragic that at least 6 innocents were killed by the IDF in their counter. Additionally 2500 troops deployed and bombs hitting Hebron, an historic, ancient and venerated site from Biblical times. When will this senseless strike/counter-strike end? I have lost all faith in the leadership of both parties. In the end, the poor suffer so that the powerful may retain power. Prayers for Israel and Palestine.

Leave a Comment on This Story

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.