John Morgan's Son 'Thinking' About Running for Attorney General

By: Allison Nielsen | Posted: December 10, 2013 2:35 PM
Mike Morgan and John Morgan

Mike Morgan and John Morgan

High-profile trial attorney John Morgan seems to have a lot on his plate these days -- collecting signatures for a medical marijuana constitutional amendment, helping former governor Charlie Crist raise money for his campaign -- and now Morgan may be putting his hand in another high-profile race for 2014. On Tuesday, Morgan tweeted that his son, Mike Morgan, was considering a bid for attorney general.

“My son @MikeMorganESQ is thinking of running for FL Attorney General. What do you think?” read the tweet posted Tuesday from Morgan’s Twitter account

Several responded to Morgan’s tweet with support for his son.

“Great idea LOVE all the Morgans ... They do an AMAZING job For The People,” read one tweet.

“Do it!” read another.

Matt Morgan, John Morgan's other son, tweeted the same question to his own followers Tuesday afternoon.

Mike Morgan is a 2008 graduate of the Fredric G. Levin College of Law at the University of Florida. The younger Morgan also attended UF for undergrad. He practices law in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death.

If Mike Morgan does decide to make a run for attorney general, it’s certain John Morgan will pull out all the stops to raise money for his son -- just as he has in his push to get medical marijuana on the ballot for next year. Attorney General Pam Bondi has an impressive head start.

But beyond the medical marijuana initiative, John Morgan has also been a staunch advocate for his employee and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist. Morgan is expected to help Crist’s camp raise money from attorneys all over the country. In fact, he already has done so.

In the first 12 days of his campaign, Crist raised $872,000, with $484,000 of that money coming from attorneys or law firms alone.

But should Mike Morgan decide to throw his hat into the ring, it could spell trouble for Charlie Crist’s campaign, which is already surrounded by rumors of inner turmoil due to the abrupt departure of campaign manager Bill Hyers last week.

John Morgan is also working with People United For Medical Marijuana to get over 683,000 signatures on a petition to get the initiative on the ballot for next year. Morgan said Monday he may double the $1 million he has already spent on the initiative, but the group still might not collect the required number of signatures in time.

Despite support from his father, Mike Morgan would face an uphill battle against Bondi should he decide to run against her next year. Bondi has significantly more years of legal experience and already has more than $1 million in soft money committees.

In 2010, Bondi defeated Sen. Dan Gelber by a 55 percent to 41 percent margin to become attorney general of the state of Florida. This is her first term.

Reach Tampa-based reporter Allison Nielsen at Allison@sunshinestatenews.com or follow her on Twitter at @AllisonNielsen.

Rosalyn Haynes
3:40PM DEC 12TH 2013
These perverts police offiers are strangling me causing deaths among the elderly an children at three deaths in Chicago that I am aware of each month. Plus some church members family members died while visiting in memphis month. They are still having origies in aunts house in y bathe which I can only bathe once a month. Also, they solitating sex to minors and other sheriff and police making arrest causing additional injuries to my face and head. Also, these perverts are news stalking and traffiting drug to Chicago police dist in which I don not work
Rosalyn Haynes
3:40PM DEC 12TH 2013
Rosalyn Haynes
3:40PM DEC 12TH 2013
Rosalyn Haynes
3:27PM DEC 12TH 2013
They just deleted my email about the drug addicts and other perverts(woods, Jackson, Hall, Green drug addicts and perverts). We have been knocked down in the Methodist Er several times. The Mayor of Chicago does not want in memphis because of these crooked police offier from the 22 and 3rd dist trafficting pure cocaine to Chicago. Everytime the Sheriff block their drug trade they go to another dist to sell drugs in another police dist. They have done this for over 5 years and should be arrested immediately. This morning I was assaulted along with others sheriff, neigbors, bank agents, in my aunts home and the sheriff depart due this dumb ass nosy in Sheriff Alex Dixon business and mine. They assaulted us over 17 times in the back of head(TKO) this morning. I was barely woke. This disbarred attorney with his drug addicts that he has used for years to do his dirty work of assaulting me in the head. They just knocked me and other out in Joliet fed Prison after confessing of being disbarred. Also, the bathe room, I have not been able to bath for a months due to these perverts wanting to have a orgies. choking and strangling causing three heart attacks a week or more among the elderly and now 2 younger family members. Along w
the others who are from Memphis some from the church had members died in memphis
Rosalyn Haynes
3:27PM DEC 12TH 2013
Rosalyn Haynes
3:27PM DEC 12TH 2013
dad gum
7:37PM DEC 10TH 2013
Let's see CharLIE Crist was the first Republican Attorney General to win election in Florida in years. Funded big time by his mentor Mel Sembler of Straight, Inc. infamy along with the Bush push machine. They put him in that job to stop the push to prosecute Ambassador Mel Sembler for child abuse at his many Straight locations and then spin offs. Charlie performed well for them . He made it go away. Jeb Bush and Mel Sembler rewarded Charlie with the governor's mansion. Charlie got to big for his britches. McCain suggested he might even be a candidate for VP. Charlie needed a beard and quick. He got one who wanted to be first lady runner up and hope for the best. Plans went astray! CharLIE lost the senate race!

So now that Charlie has changed parties and changed parties he has been stored out by the ambulance chaser in chief for his run once again for governor. But this time he is financed by John Morgan, the other side of the coin. What happened to Harry Sergeant the oil baron?

Ambulance chaser in chief wants to legalize pot so crooked script writers and make everyone qualify for their scripts. Pam Bondi a political Bush whacker and fence rider makes out like she don;t support the pot issue but I'd bet she would suck on one of them too!

Narcissistic John Morgan will put one of his sons up to show her who's boss.

All i all it is a battle of the leftovers of the old Jeb Bush machine and the loose cannon Democraps that Bush though he was paying for when he was funding Karen Thurman a 100 grand a year to go along.

But last time I heard it was Jeb Bush that still had control of them little vote fixing computer chips invented for him and Tom Feeney by some guy named Clint Curtis. And that keeps the repukes in control of the politics in Tallahassee and throwing the democraps a few bones now and then to make it look good.
Jan
5:34PM DEC 10TH 2013
Nothing against the son of John Morgan but a man with more experience sound like a better choice. Running on the name of his Dad in not my idea of getting nominated.
Evan
5:26PM DEC 10TH 2013
I wouldn't vote for Morgan if he was running for dog catcher. Heck, Crist either.