Marco Rubio’s PAC: Drink Water to Send Liberals a Message

By: Jim Turner | Posted: February 14, 2013 12:30 PM
Marco Rubio

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio taking a drink of water Tuesday night.

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Miami, and his supporters have wasted little time trying to get ahead of the pundits and late-night comedians expected to focus on his dry lips and need for a drink of water during the State of the Union rebuttal.

Rubio hit the morning TV chat-show circuit on Wednesday where, in addition to discussing his actual message, he offered some self-deprecating humor on "Good Morning America" by noting, "I mean, I needed water, what am I going to do?"

Marco Rubio Water Bottle

"God has a funny way of reminding us that we're human."

He would later tweet that he had “Picked up over 13,000 new followers on #twitter since last night! Im going to start drinking #water in the middle of all of my speeches.”

Rubio’s PAC, Reclaim America, is also offering an official Marco Rubio water bottle in return for a $25 donation.

“Send the liberal detractors a message that not only does Marco Rubio inspire you … he hydrates you, too.”

Reach Jim Turner at jturner@sunshinestatenews.com or at (772) 215-9889.

Repubtallygirl
11:46AM FEB 15TH 2013
“I don’t always respond to the president but, when I do, I drink water. Stay thirsty my friends.”-Senator Marco Rubio
Frank
5:11PM FEB 15TH 2013
Yes, now appearing on t-shirts everywhere making fun of Rubio . . . and just as fictional as the beer ad's character, and Rubio's exaggerated statements about his parents fleeing Castro, the earth being 6,000 years old, climate change denial and Obama's policies . . . .welcome to the Jindal sidelines, Marco . . . . clearly, this week was not your best . . . comedic, amateurish and even . . . .

Pathetic . . . .
William in Tampa
11:26AM FEB 15TH 2013
It's hard to believe that people who are at all serious about their GOVERNMENT would even bother taking note that Mr. Rubio took a quick drink off water during his Response.

Anyone "bothering" with this is either infantile or LIBERAL - I guess that's redundant....
Frank
5:09PM FEB 15TH 2013
Yes, infantile . . . that's a word that fits Rubio's rebuttal this week . . . this week's performance was political comedy . . . . sad, and just so . . .

Pathetic . . . .
Frank
10:02PM FEB 14TH 2013
Well, I guess it's better than using Nestle controlled water from Maine that he tried to show off the other night on TV . . . . . with his Mitt 1.9 message retread . . . . if he's the future of the Republican Party, the Grand Old Party's in for going the way of Sarah Palin . . . political irrelevantcy . . .

Pathetic . . . .
Repubtallygirl
11:46AM FEB 15TH 2013
PRESIDENT RUBIO!!
Repubtallygirl
11:45AM FEB 15TH 2013
Say it Frank, PRESIDENT RUBIO!!
Repubtallygirl
11:45AM FEB 15TH 2013
Say it Frank, PRESIDENT RUBIO!!
Frank
4:51PM FEB 15TH 2013
Oh yeah, like that's going to happen after looking like the greenest of freshman "state" legislators this week . . . it was a total disaster, and Republicans are saying so . . . .

Once again, pathetic . . .